Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Butch on Butch, Stud on Stud, AG on AG Love!

For the longest time, I had not heard of butch-on-butch.  I didn't have any friends that were butch-on-butch.  I didn't see any butch-on-butches making out in the corner of the club.  I never had another butch try and pick me up.  I just hadn't been exposed to it.  But, the year is 2010, and butch-on-butch love exists, and is growing in popularity.  As the late, great Biggie Smalls once rapped, 'things done changed.'



But butch-on-butch love isn't that strange to me.  What I do find strange, is that many in the lesbian community have a problem with it.  Kinda like when straight people look at two women or two men walking down the street together holding hands.  They say they just don't get it, and they probably don't because it's not something they are exposed to often.  None the less, we still want them to respect us and leave us alone when we are walking in the park, or shopping in the mall.  And if we as a gay lesbian community want to be accepted, we have to first learn to accept ourselves. 



Personally, I love small, petite ladies like Keyshia Cole, Zoe Saldana, and Jada Pinkett-Smith.  I simply love how they get snuggled in my arms.  It just feels nice.  But what if I did like Queen Latifah, Da Brat, or Hanifah Walidah, should I get the stares or frowned faces?  Should I feel like an outcast in my own community?  No.  If femme on femme isn't a big deal, then I don't think butch on butch should be that big of a deal either.  After all, if you're a woman and she's a woman, hell, you're still getting it on with a woman, so let the love making begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment