Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Was Nikki Minaj a Stud Lesbian before her Record Deal?


Is this Nikki Minaj?  If so, why the flip?  I mean, if you are a stud, butch, dom, aggressive, or whatever, why go from butch to Barbie.  Or could it have been the other way around, Nikki Minaj was always a femme trying to be butch.  That's always a possibility.  Here's my problem with it, I couldn't be femme if I wanted to.  I would look like a man in drag if I put on a dress.  I've always liked men's clothes, shoes, sports, etc.  This isn't too much of a choice for me, so when I see others make a mockery out of my lifestyle, it rubs me the wrong way.  Why?  Because so many people within our own lesbian and gay community have a problem with studs, butches, aggressives, etc.  They feel like we are just trying to be men instead of the fact that we really identify more with our masculine energy.  We are shunned amongst our own from lesbians that think we should all look like white and black Barbies, or like some man's fantasy of two femme women in a menage-a-trois.  If this is Nikki, between the fake butt pad and the fake gimmicks, I can see why she would be a fake stud.  If this is not Nikki, you got a helluva twin.  Nikki, if you are lesbian, I wish you all the courage in the world coming out because so few lesbians of color step out of the closet, unless they're over 40 like Wanda Sykes.  (Sorry Wanda, I love you but you had it coming.)  But no matter if you are butch or femme, be the true you.  If you walk around with money wrapped up in rubber bands in your pocket, cool.  If you love getting your weave colored like the rainbow, cool.  But don't be fake on the lifestyles of millions that walk this walk, talk this talk daily.  On the mic, you definitely got skillz, and you could definitely help a lot of young lesbians of color with your popularity.  But first things first, is this you?  Will the real Nikki please come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment